For exchange and refund of your Clickfree product that was purchased directly from Clickfree and is still under warranty, please email RMA@clickfree.com.

Clickfree C6 not recognized when connected to computer

RosaceliRosaceli Posts: 3Member

My operating system is Windows 7.  Clickfree model number CA3D20-6CBK1-E1S.

On October 27 I had a troubleshooting session on a chat, but nothing seemed to work.  I want to supply additional information that might help with the troubleshooting.

When I look under Devices and Printers in my computer, it appears there as "Backup Removable".  Device Status: This device cannot start (code 10).

I try "Diagnose a problem with this device" and I get "There is a problem with the driver for USB Mass Storage device". Reinstalling the driver might fix this problem.

When I say "Apply this Fix" I get: "Device driver software was not successfully installed.  Please consult with your device manufacturer for assistance to get this device installed.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• RosaceliRosaceli Posts: 3Member

My operating system is Windows 7, Clickfree model number CA3D20-6CBK1-E1S.

On Oct. 27 I had a troubleshooting session on a chat, but nothing seemed to work.  I want to supply additional information that might help with the troubleshooting.

When I look under Devices and Printers in my computer it appears there as "Backup Removable".  Device Status: This device cannot start (code 10).

I try "Diagnose a problem with this device" and I get "There is a problem with the driver for USB Mass Storage device" Reinstalling the driver might fix this problem.

When I say "Apply this Fix" I get:  Device driver software was not successfully installed.  Please consult with your device manufacturer for assistance to get this device installed.

• RosaceliRosaceli Posts: 3Member

I follow your instructions but I still get the same result.  It does not start and when I look under Printers and devices it still shows Device Status:  This device cannot start (code 10).

I also talked yesterday to the technician who transferred all my files from Clickfree to my computer after reinstalling Windows 7 and he said he had a lot of trouble to get it to work.  He thinks it could be the usb connector inside the Clickfree that is damaged.