How to transfer data to your new Windows 8 PC? Check out this post: http://forums.clickfree.com/discussion/2187/transferring-data-to-windows-8-windows-8-1

Removal of CDFS

Hello,

I'm writing in on behalf of my External Recovery Hard Drive from clickfree.  The CDFS partition which automatically loads every time I plug in my external HD causes my computer to freeze, i know its the CDFS because my other external HD loads just fine, something about the CDFS is no longer working right.

Is there a way to disable it or remove it?  I know the CDFS is a chip in the external encasement and i rather not have to break open the encasement and move the HD to another one that doesn't contain the chip.

Answers

• romeov007romeov007 USPosts: 4Member
    Or at least update the program so you can disable the the software from trying to auto load and update... 
  • Anis_CFAnis_CF Posts: 384Moderator mod
    edited December 2013
    The Clickfree device is internally programmed to start to load the Clickfree backup software automatically when it is plugged to a computer.You can not remove the backup software from the Clickfree. The Clickfree is not meant to be used as a storage device but as a backup device. The Clickfree is setup to start the Clickfree backup as soon as it is plugged to the computer. Please be aware that opening the Clickfree casing to remove the hard drive will void your warranty. 
    Post edited by Anis_CF on
    If your question has been answered, please click on Yes beside “Did this answer the question?” at the bottom my post. We appreciate your feedback J
    edited December 2013
    Hello,

I understand it's not meant to be a storage device as I generally back up all my music to it as well as pictures however if the onboard program is not working as intended I would like to manually back up my media instead of using the included program. 

I would like a solution to this issue, not a policy.  Please provide me a response that is helpful and not passing the buck. 

Thank you.

Post edited by romeov007 on
    Hello,

Nevermind, I found my own solution though still unacceptable ClickFree's response to my issue.  I've disable the driver on my windows machine directly to prevent the internal partition from loading.  this in turn prevents the automatic back up option and stops freezing my machine. 

I highly advise you modify the internal program that cannot be removed to include the option to disable on start up.  I still have no positive comments or feed back for ClickFree.
  • Anis_CFAnis_CF Posts: 384Moderator mod
    edited December 2013
    I am sorry there is no option to modify the Clickfree software to not to start automatically. The Clickfree backup software is internally set up to make it convenient for customers to just plug the Clickfree device and the backup will start by itself. I will however pass your comments and suggestions regarding the option to "disable the backup on start up" for our software developer team. 
    Post edited by Anis_CF on
    If your question has been answered, please click on Yes beside “Did this answer the question?” at the bottom my post. We appreciate your feedback J